Monday, September 16, 2013

I "sit" For ME!

Kate and I freezing but cheesin!
 What a FUN morning. 
So I found out about the walk last minute. I have been trying to volunteer for a walk, but seems like every time one comes around its too hot or something comes up last minute. I was very excited to see it was supposed to be 60 degrees !!! I couldn't wait. But as the day approached the weather channel predicted it to be 40 degrees!! Oh I was so excited about this. I picked out my outfit the night before like a little kid going on a field trip the next day. My BFF Kate joined me ( her mom has MS too) she had DOUBLE the reason to be there.  I woke up at 6:30 AM and headed that way. 

I got there early and Kate followed shortly after. I had gotten a coffee ( an iced coffee on a 40 degree morning), I put it on the ground, then I unfolded a table right on top of it! AHH Bye bye coffee. Thankfully Kate showed up with the same coffee ( it was hers, but whats hers is mine right?). 

I sat there doing registration with Kate, I tried to stay as busy as I could, and not look up much. Since I could see women in wheel chairs and people with a small limp even a bling woman came up to the table. It was a hard thing to ignore... I couldn't help but to sit there and let my brain start running and imagine the worst. But then I looked over and saw my friend there, FOR ME. And met some people that within 5 minutes of meeting me, told me that they are going to help me with my MS and are there if I need anything. HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT? No wait, let me answer. Pretty awesome. I then came home to my daughter who just brightened my day and makes me want to KEEP walking and KEEP going. Because I need to... 

All in all it was a great day! And now I have a new DR closer to home, who hopefully will be able to help me in my journey to stay healthy. 

lalala doing it all over again next saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment