Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Post Partum MS

 My whole pregnancy I had zero symptoms with my MS. My body was normal, I felt GREAT! But I always wondered what was going to happen after Jolene was born. How I was going to feel? How long I had before my MS was going to start kicking my butt again??

6 months, thats how long it took. I was breastfeeding, and it kept it off for a while, but then out of no where the numbness and tingles came back. This time it wasn't my left side like before, it was my right side. HMM weird huh.

I called my doctor and just like a figured.... here comes my least favorite words to hear... "YOU NEED STEROIDS!!!" Why oh why do doctors do this! Steroids make you cranky and fat and anxious........ I was not happy AT ALL.
But because now I am a mom and its not about what I feel like doing, I decided heck! Steroids woo hoo!! I will have energy I will be SUPER MOM! So I grabbed my little sidekick and we went to get my treatment. 3 straight days of steroids... the nasty metal taste is something I never forget. Its like you are chewing on metal!

I had to stop breastfeeding, I obviously don't want a baby hulk... just kidding.... its just not good for babies..... If you are pregnant, or are a new mom with MS... do what YOU want. Not what the doctors want. If it was up to my doctor I would have been doing steroids the second my baby was out. BUT I said NO. And I breastfed and like I said I felt fine the first 6 months. I don't regret anything! My baby is healthy, and now I am trying to be healthy as well. So that I can be there to pester her for a very long time!
Lalala... do what works for you, whats medically "right" might not work for you and your family! Thats what I did and I am happy with the results! ( BTW no more numbness here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment