Sunday, August 11, 2013

Malanga babyfood! DIY

Information about Malanga:
 It is what they give stomach ulcer patients in other countries so strengthen their stomach lining. It helps their stomach get strong. Thats why its awesome for babies. Not only is it obviously better than canned baby food but here are some facts; Malanga is high in calories containing 135 calories per one-half cup, cooked. A fairly good source of riboflavin and thiamine, malanga provides a modest source of iron and vitamin C. The good news is Malanga is probably the most hypoallergenic food in the world. Extensive allergies should do very well with Malanga flour. The reason is that the starch grains are the smallest and most easily digested of all complex carbohydrates. 

So I decided to boil it with a little salt and unsalted chicken broth for my little girl. I figured if it helps her gain healthy weight, build a strong stomach, and its not canned baby food. I talked to an older spanish lady and she found me some at the spanish store! So I was very excited. 










I took it out what I wanted to cook and froze the rest, I simply boiled the malanga with water and chicken broth, a little bit of salt too. I set it at like 8 so it wasn't on HIGH and then I left it there for almost an hr... It DOESNT take that long to cook but the softer the better and plus Jolene was sleeping so I wasn't in a rush. 




After it was boiled I put it in the magic bullet cup but I let it sit so it could cool a little bit.



 After it cooled I just put it on the blender and tapped it a few times. Ran a spoon through it and there were no clumps. It was ready!

 It doesn't look very appetizing. But LETS BE HONEST all baby food looks weird. At least this is healthy and you cook it so you know what is in it.




Jolene liked it and she was hyper for more. She eat all of it! It makes me happy when I feed her baby food I make here. Plus this is going to make her strong and help her grow! Not that she is small but all babies need the healthiest and I feel thats what I am giving her.


It is cheaper to make your own. A magic bullet cost $50? I think and then you get the produce. You already have pots and pans so TAH DAH you can make the healthiest thing for your child. I am not going to say Jolene never eats food from the jar. But I see that as taking her to McDonalds... I prefer to feed her what I make here :D and she likes it more!


Lalalala making baby food is fun and rewarding!


No comments:

Post a Comment