Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Teen Mom Yet Another Season???

Picture I posted when my eggo was preggo
Okay so I am one of those people that watches teen mom, just to point and talk bad about it. But LESSSBEEEHONEST who doesn't? When I saw they were making another season I was like seriously? How many more teen moms can they find? But then again there are girls out there getting pregnant just to audition for 16 and pregnant. Google it. 

Last season they aired, I was pregnant, and thats what inspired me to post this picture on my Facebook and Instagram. Everyone loved it. Some didn't, but I don't care. I wanted to make a statement. Because every prenatal visit, everywhere I went where I had to share I was born in 1993, the looks I got. Like I was already a horrible mother. A "typical teen mom". I hated it. These older women that are past 35 pregnant giving me dirty looks, bish please. You are taking so many risks getting pregnant so old. Dont make me whip out that card. Because its in my back pocket. 

Now that I have been a mom 8 months. And their new season is out. I watched it, with a whole new set of eyes. As a mother. Here is what bothered me, they make their every day life seem like such a burden and a hassle. BUT the second you become a mother, its not a hassle or burden. Its what you WANT to do because you love your child. In the episode one of the girls tells the guy " no you hold her, I hold her every day all the time". WHAT THE HELL! You are her mother, you should want to hold her every second, of every day. 

This is what people watch though. Then when they hear me, 1993, they automatically assimilate me with those girls. And assume that I got married because I was knocked up. Or feel bad for my child having a young mom. PUHLEASE. I have seen horrible mothers out there and they are 25+ with jobs and husbands. Ive also seen even older moms with money and everything, yet they ignore their child. I am here with my child every second of the day. And I don't say " Im sick of holding her". Teen mothers shouldn't be judged because of the image these girls have created. That is THEM. That is not me or my friends who have chosen to marry young and have children young. On the contrary I will be able to run around with my kid. And keep up with them because of my age. 

Thats my thought about Teen Mom. But then again I am hooked to watch it. This new season didn't "hook" me as much. My "mom" eyes just see it completely different than I used to. I just feel sorry for them now. 

Lalala... I was technically only a teen mom for 14 days. I turned 20. But still. 

2 comments: