Saturday, August 3, 2013

DIY

Okay SO! I was out at the restore looking for windows when I ran into a BUNCH of mannequins for 10$!! And I knew right there and then that I had ran into MOOOOLAAHHH. 
So I texted everyone and ended up having someone tell me BUY THEM ALL FOR ME, I will pay you back! So, I did. 


The agreement was I could take what I wanted and give her the rest. So I took 5. One for my sister, who begged. And 4 for me to sell at the 127 sale. BUT once I got home I was like what the crap am I going to do with this....... I used modpodge and scrapbook paper to cover 2 of them. They turned out so good! BUT I wanted unique and MORE. So, I asked Kate. Notice a pattern? I always as Kate. She was like chalkboard them?! But then we were thinking..... can you just paint fabric and it work? So she looked it up and she couldnt find anyone who had done it. So at this point, it wasnt a project. It was a CHALLENGE. 

I was going to turn this into a piece that semesters could use to either decorate their sewing rooms and take small notes OR use it to sew! And measure! And all kinds of fun stuff. 

I tested a mannequin and BOOM it worked. 
So here is what I had. OBVIOUSLY the mannequin, chalkboard paint (liquid), and a sponge. I used a sponge so that it would soak through. and be even. I was so excited, because this was better than sitting there modpodging ( new verb) little pieces of scrap paper. I did two coats. One, then let it sit over night and did another one! and it works great. Because it is fabric, to clean the chalk off you need a wet rag... But aside from that it works great!!!


I cant wait to see if they sell and to get feedback on what you all think about this fun project! Always check your restore people!!! They always have the cheapest things for awesome DIY projects!

See how its smeared there in the ME? that was my boob, I had a white shirt. I walked around with a pink boob all day! 


Lalala cant wait for my next challenge!



1 comment: