Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The closest thing to Puerto Rico..... In Kentucky

I LOVE food. 
So! I miss puertorican food like no other.... I mean imagine if you moved to india.. you know you would want some friend chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. Oh and let me not forget sweet tea. Thats how I feel. When I even smell spanish food ( not mexican) I just get this warm feeling like I am back home. Well I shouldn't say home, because this is my home now. But back where I came from. 

I google searched puertorican restaurant and Old San Juan popped up! San Juan is the capital of P.R. and Old San Juan is the well... OLD part of it. So I instantly FREAKED. I drove there Sunday... CLOSED? WHAT why??? So I left... waited a week went back Monday, CLOSED AGAIN!! :( I almost cried. I forgot about the restaurant......

WELL Mr. Million said lets go to dinner! And I instantly thought lets try the puertorican place!!! We get there and BAM its open!! Well I was a little crushed to find out it was cuban.... BUT who cares? Thats close enough! Its not Paula Dean its KFC... but oh well!!! 


My sweet tea!! Its not tea, but its what I grew up drinking. I hate sweet tea btw.

Tostones MM MM MMMM
Jolene LOVED it!

Steak & Onions. Rice and black beans. And sweet plantains!


I am drooling... thinking about it again.
It was so nice to enjoy the dinner and share it with Jolene and Mr. Million.  I love that they enjoyed it! This is the closest I got to the food I used to eat.

Lalala trip to PR soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment