Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My opinion?


So everyone is voicing their opinion about this and I feel like voicing mine. Feel free to disagree, but please don't do it anonymously.

I personally used to watch Hannah Montana, so this was VERY weird for me to watch. My sister and I grew up and used to jam to best of both worlds. I didn't know this was the other side to her world. I would have never watcher her or listened to her music had I known this was what she was doing. So to see her do this now in a sense makes me angry and like I wasted my childhood and MONEY on TRASH. 

This attention she is getting is the wrong attention. Touching herself and "tweaking" on stage? What was she trying to achieve? I am now a mom. And I would NEVER let my daughter watch this nonsense. Why? Because I want my daughter to understand that she and her body are to be RESPECTED. That is isn't reusable and she deserves the best. That is not what this performance teaches girls. This is a slap in the face to females. Her throwing her body around like that??? 

Well thats what I think about it. I hope that she realizes this and apologizes to her young fans and tells them that is NOT the way to behave. 

Lalala What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. i don't think she is any longer a role model for young girls, nor does she want to be. I think that's kind of the point of her act these days--she is trying to appeal to a different audience, and one that seemingly accepts and enjoys her. The only people I really hear complaining are old folks like me--+ 40 who didn't watch her on Hannah Montana, but had children who did, or mothers of children (like yourself) who find the whole behavior distasteful and not appropriate for young girls or boys to witness (and I agree). If she were shelling this schtick to the Hannah Montana set, I'd be appalled. But she's not. She is marketing herself to her own peer group of young adults. Miley is not Hannah. She is an entertainer with an evolving career that doesn't cater to the tween set. Its not her fault that small kids still love her because of the Hannah Montana character. Her career choices should not be based on how she is perceived by the 8-10 year old population. She is doing what any savvy business person does, evolve and change when necessary. I personally dont see any difference between her and other popular artists of the day, like say, Rhianna. It seems unreasonable that Miley is getting criticized because she failed to remain in the image of a made up television character. Anyway, I am not in anyway a Miley Cyrus fan, and that's my .02

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree! Didnt think of it that way! But I still think her performance was very unbecoming, but I would have thought that regardless of who the artist was!

      Delete
  2. Well, actually, it is her fault she is followed and loved by children. She choose child acting "first". Rihana, came out and made her mark with people her AGE 18+. So, it was NO shock when she went with a more mature sexual side later down the road, same with Lady Gaga, nicki Minaj, ect. Miley came out to 8yr+. She could have very easily appeared to the masses without becoming a "thuggish prostitute". Look at Taylor Swift. The girl is adored by young and old, her music is catchy and she did not have to get on stage and act like trash. Britany Spears may have gotten crazy later in life, but even her more "sensual" side left something to be imagined on stage. Miley sunk LOWWWW on this one but then again, that is the world we live in huh?? Just continue to give more and more attention to the bad and look for more and more of the disgusting. Publicity would only encourage such a thing to promote a NEW cd, which Miley has one coming out, because, sadly, it works. Oy vey!

    ReplyDelete